Taste of East and West
In this cosmopolitan city we start our journey from “make acquaintance” dinner at the German – a place full of German beer, and above all the unique climate of sausages and potato salad. Above our heads there is S-Bahn passing, that can go you for the nightly viewing of Berlin. In the evening, the best thing is to go along the river Spree and see how Berliners enjoy their lives.
This day will be spent actively on crossing the border between the East and the West. They’re waiting for us rooted in the history of the region:
– The Berlin Wall (East Side Gallery)
– Topografy of Terror – the place of the former headquarters of the Gestapo
– Holocaust Memorial – commemorating the murdered Jews
– Brandenburg Gate
– Tiergarten – a wonderful park where you can have a picnic
– Bundestag is a place where we enter the dome that is built of glass and solar battery and we can admire Berlin into perspective
In the evening, visit the TV tower from where you can admire Berlin at night. Dinner is a place that on the map of Berlin is a cult – but it is a culinary surprise!
For those who are persistent and want to get a taste of clubbing and events there will be a show of the real nightlife in the club built in a former post office!
From the ruins to modernity
Warsaw, which you’ll see is a completely different place than before the war. It has been entirely rebuilt and reconstructed. Now, the Old Town from the seventeenth century looks as it was from that time, with the royal castle- a UNESCO heritage site.
On the same day we will visit the center and see the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Royal Castle, and also the amazing Krakowskie przedmieście.
You can taste the first Polish delicacies – delicious dumplings in Pierogarnia- the best in the city, hors d’oeuvres with lard and pickles and of course vodka in bars where one glass costs 1 euro!
For those who are persistent, it’s a necessity to go to Revel in the evening which is situated over the largest river in Poland, the Vistula, where, apart from the city’s beaches there are fantastic local bars with liquor. Anyone who has seen Warsaw so far loves it at night.
On the border of cultures
Polish mountains were the inspiration for many poets who were coming from different parts of Europe in search of afflation. It is here that we meet highlander dialect , amazing regional products such as sheep’s cheese Oscypek , grilled and served with cranberry dizzy . For this tea on top of a mountain in a shelter with plum brandy electrify everyone. There, real flavors wait for you:
– We will visit shepherds who make real smoked sheep cheese in their huts and of course we will try it
– Leave the cable car to Kasprowy , where we take a 2 hour hike to the border with Slovakia (2000 m asl)
– See the ski jumps and the training jumpers
– When time permits , we will go to the valley Kościeliska , where we will see one of the highest waterfalls in Tatra Mountains
– In the evenings at the local dance & music bars you can taste delicious highland flavors – we recommend the lamb.
Back to the past
This place needs no introduction, but it is absolutely the place to be seen, stop and think. Created in the former German Concentration Camp Auschwitz-Birkenau museum is a living proof of what we , as a people, should never do again.
Guided tours will take about four hours, then we will go in the direction of Cracow, where the on road to the palace in Przegorzaly we will drink delicious afternoon coffee with a beautiful view of the surrounding countryside.
In the evening we will know Cracow, a city famous for its student climate, where more than 250 thousand students were studying at more than 10 universities.
Taste of Krakow is primarily warmed up by the streets of the Old Town and the amazing restaurants in conjunction with lively bars around the clock.
In the capital of the kings
Although Warsaw is the capital of the Polish Krakow will always be a place that is considered the cultural capital of the country . Artists , scientists, outstanding characters , come to the city of Polish kings and leave the enchanted atmosphere here.
Today we bring bikes and we go :
– By Old Town UNESCO World Heritage Site , visiting St. Mary’s Basilica
– Go towards Wawel Castle where we will visit the Cathedral where all the kings are and the rest? for those who want to explore the room we first and foremost recommend a collection of tapestries
– Meet a person who cultivates a regional tradition , playing songs from the old , dressed in folk costumes – folklore is still very much alive here
– Go down to the Vistula dragon’s lair , where we will break for a coffee on one of the barges
– Then we will go in the direction of the balloon observation point? , where rises to 200 metres and we will enjoy not only the city , but also Tatra Mountains which are sometimes visible
– rest on a city beach , play some beach volleyball
– Finally, we get to Kazimierz , the Jewish quarter that serves a unique fast food : Casseroles – supposedly the best in Poland
– For history enthusiasts we recommend a multimedia museum ” Schindler’s Factory “, where Steven Spielberg shot his film , ” Schindler’s List ” ( there you will find a small list of Roman Polanski who is in the Jewish Ghetto )
This evening dinner “Pod baranem “, one of the best restaurants of Krakow , http://podbaranem.com/ , and for those who will have the strength , we will show night , student life .
So close and so different
In the morning on the Private minibus we head towards the Czech Prague. We will exceed the natural border between the Polish and the Czech Republic in the Sudetenland, along the way, however, necessarily stop at the medieval gold mine in Zloty Stok http://kopalniazlota.pl/index.php/article/28 and we will go underground river.
In the evening we arrive to Prague, the city that never sleeps.
Nightlife blooms all the time! We offer a feast in the evening, the place to which mostly natives of Prague come, and the chef is a multiple champion of cooking. Czechs ,except beers have much more to offer. We’ll eat knedliky, ribs, pretzels and much, much more! For volunteers we offer the chance to drink the real Absinth – “Green Fairy” and an attempt to see the unseen.
Prague is so fantastic that you can not sleep long ! Today we will offer something for those who want to avoid the crowds :
– Get up at 5 in the morning and go for Sunrise on the Vltava river , on the Charles Bridge
– Morning coffee at Prague Castle , where we will see the imperial castle , the seat of the President of the Czech Republic, the gold street and the Gothic St. Vitus Cathedral. Wit
– We offer lunch to eat in the dungeons of torture
– A visit to the medieval library with collections of the fifteenth century
– Old Brewery Strahov , where the monks used to produce beer – we recommend Pale Ale
– Market of the Prague Town Hall Tower on the hour and a beautiful view of the city from the top
– It’s a must to stop to taste the Pilsner in Pivnicach in Zlateho Tygra , where Bill Clinton , together with Vaclav Havel in 1993 drank beer room
– In the evening , we Ghost Tour , or walk in the footsteps of the most haunted places in Prague … where once mystical golem roamed
– It’s a necessity to Dinner in Svejka
In the evening, see a night underworld of Prague , a place which one will never forget . Small site pub turns out to be huge multi-level clubs in the basement , as well as beer cellars, of which the city is famous .
Beautiful Middle Ages
We go by train to the south. Cesky Krumlov is a place unique on a European scale. The town straight from the Middle Ages, untouched tooth of time with one of the largest castles in the old continent. Renaissance houses, beautiful gardens, brewery Egenberg of the fourteenth century, is only part of places to visit.
Late in the afternoon we will visit the museum of brewing beer, taste the Czech national drink and eat a delicious dinner at the source of the Vltava River.
The Wild River
In the morning go for a castle, from which the tower offers a wonderful view of the whole town. Visit the chamber with fantastic collections, court theater, and gardens. Today is the real interest, because we get on pontoons, dressed in life jackets and equipped with oars and we sail about 20 miles north. The river is not the wild, so we finally have the time to truly relax and enjoy the valley of the Vltava river will stay at Milan to try the best sausages, enjoy local spirits until we reach the last stop before it gets dark, where we return for dinner to Cesky Krumlov. Tonight we especially recommend fried cheese with tartar sauce or ribs in balsamic sauce right on the banks of the river on the terrace of medieval houses.
The Beautiful Blue Danube
Passing the meadows, fields , forests, local roads heading to the capital of Austria, where we get in the afternoon. Vienna is a different city of the region because it is placed in majestic beautiful monuments. But no one imagines that it could be otherwise. We’ll see necessarily :
– Imperial Palace – the palace of the Habsburgs and the chamber of Empress Sissi
– Go to listen to music on the island on the Danube
– Sacher cake will be tasted close to the Cathedral. Stefan
In the evening we take you to the very local climate , which is an Austrian-style dinner where you taste the real Viennese veal schnizla and delicious potato salad , and all of the true Austrians – no tourists !
Rządni nightlife and knowledge of Viennese life , take Gurtel district , famous for its bars and clubs are located below the line S- Bahn .
Palaces, cakes and funfair
Vienna is a great place to slowly savor this metropolis. First you’ll see summer palace Shonbrunn , where it is worth a look at all the chambers in which , inter alia, Franz Joseph resided . Then we go to the top of the gardens , where we can sip a Viennese coffee and taste one of the delicious cakes sitting on the terrace, which offers a breathtaking view of the whole Vienna .
It is obviously time for shopping and enjoying the peaceful atmosphere of the city, to finish the day in the evening at the Prater , the oldest amusement park and feel like a kid again !
Down the Danube
After breakfast ,we set off on the train along the Danube . Just one hour drive from the capital city Vienna – Bratislava is located. It’s one of the smallest capitals, but the market and eat some Slovak delicacies such as Dumplings with sheep and little boroviczki which certainly will not harm anyone as lunch on the way to Hungary . We get to Budapest in the evening, but the Hungarian capital is fantasitc to explore in the night. Our Hungarian friends guide us through the most important tastes of the city, we may look to the most famous pub Szimpla and eat something sharp in the traditional style of Hungarian peppers .
Buda and Pest
Budapest is not only bridges, Danube Palace, or mountain Gellert . It is primarily two different cities with different cultures, customs and people. When you want peace , for free stroll around , relaxing and beautiful sights go to the hills of Buda, where you should stay for a while , even on hot springs , which of course would be the time.
On the other hand , we can observe Hungarians who spend their free time on Margaret Island , gathering the whole groups and families , playing sports , doing picnics and sipping wine . We go to Parliament, where we see one of the most beautiful state in the world , to then collide with Pest, that side of town that never sleeps. We’ll get beautiful squares and streets to a restaurant for a farewell dinner , live music , delicious Hungarian dishes and excellent atmosphere will cause that you will not want to go back !
See you soon
We bid farewell to you with surprises, and for those who are no longer always happy to help!